homestead - Re: [Homestead] Anti-Doctor

  • From: sjc <indexer AT fairpoint.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Anti-Doctor
  • Date: Tue, 09 Dec 2008 15:28:43 -0500

Lisa K.V. Perry wrote:
On Tue, Dec 9, 2008 at 12:47 PM, EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net> wrote:

So Lynn, if you, tomorrow, found a lump in your breast or armpit, which
medical route would you choose, knowing that your mother had breast
cancer...

and Lisa wrote:
YOu asked this question of Lynn, but I'll share that I've already had this
conversation with my husband. If I am ever diagnosed (I've routinely have
benign cysts every 18 mo to 2 years since 1992), I will go the Chinese med
route.
I'll add, as person most of whose formal education was in allopathic medicine:

Chinese medicine has much to commend it. If you take notice, it's biggest detractors are those who stand to make $$ from another, usually allopathic, system. Just to begin with, it emphasizes wellness......

My Viet Namese SIL, about 10 years ago was diagnosed (at a prestigious, within the allopathic community) medical institution with liver cancer, and they were appalled when she refused treatment, saying that she'd reared her sons, which had been her mission, and that was enough. Two months later she decided that maybe she wasn't really ready to die yet (son announced baby on the way), and, since the people where she grew up in Viet Nam consider all cancers treatable, she'd hie herself off to Viet Nam for treatment. She did that very thing, returned to this country 2 months later looking like a rag doll and with about as much energy as one....but within a month she was snarling at me about using up one kind of her noodles for the wrong purpose (hey, a noodle's a noodle, no? No!!) and otherwise criticizing my efforts to help, and I came home (my brother had asked me to come help). She is in fine fettle now, chases after 2 wild grandkids with more energy than their mother....

Interesting reads: The Genie in Your Genes, Dawson Church, and The Biology of Belief, Bruce Lipton, I think wrote that one.

Will likely change the way you approach the search for good health, or the lack thereof. Certainly a good lot there to think over, especially for anyone staring at an allopathically-recommended upcoming major medical procedure.

SJ