homestead - Re: [Homestead] Anti-Doctor

  • From: Bunjov AT aol.com
  • To: cayadopi AT yahoo.com
  • Cc: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Anti-Doctor
  • Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2008 12:28:10 EST

Oh, how I wish I could be of some help to you!

Unfortunately, I am merely a semi-professional lurker on this awesome list.

I do live in the desert - 20 miles east of Barstow, CA - midway between the
15 and the 40 (speaking of that - Gene - where is Don these days?). My own
personal piece of dirt (5 acres of sand and scrub brush is less than a mile
up
the road - I can see it from here, where I am renting a 'mountain cabin in
the
desert') - but the plans I had for it (1987) were quashed when I had to
leave work and go on disability. My 'significant other' is 82 now, and I
sent
him, back in '05, to care for his - now 106 - mother in the San Francisco
Bay
area. We see each other 2-3 times a year, if we're lucky.

I am closely following your progress because it is the 'new' people, like
you, who - along with these very knowledgeable list denizens - who give hope
those of us who have resigned ourselves to living life from the sidelines.

I admire your spunk and your enthusiasm! Don't ever give up fighting the
good fight!

Sandy
Mid-Mojave

In a message dated 12/9/2008 8:51:46 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,