homestead - Re: [Homestead] Anti-Doctor

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Anti-Doctor
  • Date: Tue, 09 Dec 2008 12:47:45 -0500

Lynn Wigglesworth wrote:

I watch my mother's doctors do that all the time. They look up the symptoms, give her a medication, then 2 more to counteract the side effects. She has total trust in doctors and doesn't ever question anything they do. She just had a radical mastectomy because they found one tiny nodule...they removed it in a biopsy, and it was cancerous, to they took the whole breast, even though nothing else showed up in a mamogram or MRI. I guess they figured that at 92, she
didn't need the breast anymore. I tried to question it, but was roundly 'shushed' by the doctor and my mother.

I take a lot of responsibility for my health; I just don't go to doctors. I know my blood pressure and blood sugar. I have a family history of diabetes, so I've already adopted a sensible diet and exercise program before it starts...my grandmother didn't show any signs of diabetes until she entered a nursing home at 97 years old and ate the crap food there.

I like the principles of Chinese medicine, and just this week found a
(sort of) local practitioner...if I need help, that's where I'd go. Their holistic approach appeals to me so much more than Western medicine's approach.

So Lynn, if you, tomorrow, found a lump in your breast or armpit, which
medical route would you choose, knowing that your mother had breast
cancer...

hate. Hate leads to suffering.” Yoda