homestead - Re: [Homestead] Anti-Doctor

  • From: "Lisa K.V. Perry" <lisakvperry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Anti-Doctor
  • Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2008 13:21:09 -0500

On Tue, Dec 9, 2008 at 12:47 PM, EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net> wrote:

> So Lynn, if you, tomorrow, found a lump in your breast or armpit, which
> medical route would you choose, knowing that your mother had breast
> cancer...

YOu asked this question of Lynn, but I'll share that I've already had this
conversation with my husband. If I am ever diagnosed (I've routinely have
benign cysts every 18 mo to 2 years since 1992), I will go the Chinese med
route. First, I do not have health insurance (at least not yet... maybe next
year?). Second, I personally know two women that have gone the Chinese med
route and are cancer free after 5 years.

I have an Aunt who was diagnosed with bc just last year and went the
traditional route.
She now has severe arthritis thanks to radiation treatment and she's 54.
She's taking meds for 5 years, only one year in. She has a reoccurring
infection in her breast.

I'll try everything alternative med under the sun (though the Chinese med
route works), I'll improve my already pretty darn good diet, be more
faithful with exercise, and even give up my weekend coffee if that's what it
takes.

If you take flax oil (with lignans) or routinely eat ground flax
seeds<http://www.cancer.org/docroot/ETO/content/ETO_5_3x_Flaxseed.asp>and
get regular exercise (homesteading IS exercise!)
and a good night's sleep<http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/129735.php>,
then you've cut your chances of getting cancer by a significant amount.

lkvp