homestead - Re: [Homestead] Economic 'sit - in'

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: bobford79 AT yahoo.com, homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Economic 'sit - in'
  • Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2008 03:26:14 -0700

On Dec 6, 2008, at 9:57 PM, bob ford wrote:

Sitting down in a closed bankrupt business is not something I would use gumption or spirited to describe. I don't know all of the facts, but if the company has no money, sitting down won't make the money fairies bring a bag of cash. I don't know the whole story; if I did I would probably side with the workers. But sitting down inside a closed , broke, business seems like a 'waste of time', as I said before.

What they did was to draw attention to their plight. They can't to plead their case to Congress. They did what they thought they could to get attention. That is how the present world works. Get attention, you might get help. You might also help others by drawing attention.