homestead - Re: [Homestead] Economic 'sit - in'

  • From: Cathy <goosecreekfarm AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Economic 'sit - in'
  • Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2008 00:15:46 -0500

On Sat, Dec 6, 2008 at 11:57 PM, bob ford <bobford79 AT yahoo.com> wrote:

> Sitting down in a closed bankrupt business is not something I would use
> gumption or spirited to describe. I don't know all of the facts, but if the
> company has no money, sitting down won't make the money fairies bring a bag
> of cash.

It is hard to tell what's going on from a newspaper article. Seems like
maybe someone's arguing that BofA should allow the business to run out its
assets via payments to employees. Dunno the likelihood of that, or what the
ramifications would be.

I feel for the employees though, I've been looking for work for a while
now.

Cathy