homestead - Re: [Homestead] Economic 'sit - in'

  • From: "Lynn Wigglesworth" <lynnw1366 AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Economic 'sit - in'
  • Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2008 07:24:41 -0500

BTW, if you're looking for a way to offend/aggravate all of your extended
relatives, change the way you celebrate Christmas. : )

Yeah, like tell them you are celebrating Saturnalia....my family isn't even religious, but that would send them over the edge. I love the trappings of the holiday...the tree, the decorations, the food...most of which pre-dates Christmas...the dead of winter is a good excuse for a bright holiday. We need another in February. New Year's is a holiday I don't celebrate because it doesn't seem to me to be the start of anything 'new'...spring (May Day, maybe) starts the new year for me.

Lynn Wigglesworth