homestead - Re: [Homestead] Economic 'sit - in'

  • From: bob ford <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Economic 'sit - in'
  • Date: Sat, 6 Dec 2008 22:23:14 -0800 (PST)

By the time I had changed my views on holidays, my family was no longer
surprised by 'anything' I did . Incidentally; I have never understood why
practicing Christians will shop, for Christmas, in a store that forbids
employees from saying "Merry Christmas" or from putting up signs that
proclaim "Merry Christmas". The store owner has the right to do as he
pleases. But if the majority of his customers shopped elsewhere, 'what he
pleases' would change, in a hurry. I firmly believe that voting with your
pocketbook can change retail sales faster than anything...............

--- On Sat, 12/6/08, Cathy <goosecreekfarm AT gmail.com> wrote:

> > It is ideological or maybe just stubbornness. I don't like all of the
materialism, the consumerism, the rushing here and there.

I know what you mean. As a person of faith, I celebrate the holy-day, the