homestead - Re: [Homestead] Economic 'sit - in'

  • From: Cathy <goosecreekfarm AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Economic 'sit - in'
  • Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2008 00:55:58 -0500

On Sun, Dec 7, 2008 at 12:37 AM, bob ford <bobford79 AT yahoo.com> wrote:

> It is ideological or maybe just stubbornness. I don't like all of the
> materialism, the consumerism, the rushing here and there.

I know what you mean. As a person of faith, I celebrate the holy-day, the
holy season, in keeping with my faith. But the rest of it seems to me to be
out of control--especially when I started watching TV again! Oh, my, the
commercials!

When the kids were little, we followed a "days of Christmas" plan. The
Christmas morning gift-bonanza didn't seem to us to align with the holy
day, so we spread Christmas out over several days. At our house, Santa was
an imaginary character like Superman and Ariel--nice to tell stories about,
but most definitely not real.

BTW, if you're looking for a way to offend/aggravate all of your extended
relatives, change the way you celebrate Christmas. : )

Cathy