homestead - Re: [Homestead] Economy & family

  • From: bob ford <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Economy & family
  • Date: Sat, 6 Dec 2008 08:02:11 -0800 (PST)

Some of the excerpts I've pulled from your comments (below) , I have read
similar from others on this list and on other lists (on other lists/forums, I
only read, I don't comment). You think that other people don't listen to you
when they might be listening more than you are aware.

I'll use James as an example. He is assertive enough to chastise me if I am
stepping on his toes. And, he is the best example of which I am aware of
completely becoming independent of the system.

he has actually changed the wway I look at my interaction with society and
how I might be able to change that interactivity. There are very few people
in my 'real' life that have had such an impact. But, james probably thinks
he has had no impact at all because I haven't moved quickly enough and I am ,
still, where I am. But, he would be wrong.

The fact is, I don't want a life 'just' like his, and , another fact is, for
the first year or so, I didn't believe what he (or a lot of others on this
list) said about their live was 'true". I was new to the internet and had
read how people made up stuff on the internet (in the MSM). I really did not
understand how people could still be so "connected" to the land and the
natural order in modern society, and I did not understand how people , very
smart well-educated people, could live on as little money as had been
'claimed' by people on this list.

Until, recently, the 'security' of money was an 'ideal' that still seemed
'real to me. I have , in the past several years, started to understand very
simple concepts which took a lot of reading, listening and 'education' to
understand.

Now, someone like james will probably say he doesn't care whether I listen or
not. You are the type to say that you do care. But, I believe that neither
of you, in either of your ways, would spend so much of your time explaining
to the rest of us , a different way of looking at society, if there was not
either some kind of 'teacher' within you or some kind of altruism in your
nature.

never think that you are wasting your time spreading your version of the
'gospel' to strangers (or family). One day, you will be in the ground and it
won't matter who made fun of you, but it might matter who listened to you
..............................bobford

--- On Sat, 12/6/08, sjc <indexer AT fairpoint.net> wrote:

> I've been watching this whole thing unfold, Lisa, andseveral times been
struck by the similarities to my situation. I've always been the 'crazy'
among my birth siblings, and they weren't sky about stating their opinions.
Rarely have they deemed it worthwhile tovisit me; the accommodations are
lacking, services are lacking, they

Always I have been the butt of jokes, some of which would be actually
cruel if I

But this past fall I started getting more interest......now I notice, no
one's laughing anymore. I'm not waiting (or wanting) for them to say 'you may
have had a point' but the