homestead - Re: [Homestead] Economy & family

  • From: bob ford <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Economy & family
  • Date: Sat, 6 Dec 2008 08:17:58 -0800 (PST)

Another thing. people seem to think they are so differnt when they actually
are not. And, even when they are, in some ways they can be each other's
greatest allies and, sometimes even best firnds.

If there is a way to look it up on the internet, try to find a vidoe of the
Dalai Lama accepting the Medal of Freedom; I'm pretty sure that is the one I
saw on c-Span. he is speaking before some of the most imporant and powerful
people on earth, he is already a winner of the Nobel prize for Peace (when it
still had great meaning).

During the speech, he breaks down and begins to gently cry when talking
about his friend -- Jesse Helms. About when he had first arrived in this
country and no one wanted to be his friend, except for Jesse Helms. The
fight for freedom can bring together people from very different life
journies........