homestead - Re: [Homestead] Our digital trail - "Orwellian future"

  • From: bob ford <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Our digital trail - "Orwellian future"
  • Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2008 14:08:30 -0800 (PST)

Exactly. You worded it better than me. The fact that you are trying to live
without creating a record makes people , including the people who want the
records; more suspicious than ever.
This really is 'Orwellian".

To me, it is a muh bigger deal than how my chicken was fed, or where chicken
factories dump their manure, although I am very concerned about those issues,
also.

I can quit eating chicken or oysters or crab and substitute another meat or
seafood. I can't quit driving or going to the store, or needing id, and I
don't want to bridle my curiosity by not engaging my thoughts and curiosities
on the internet.