homestead - Re: [Homestead] Our digital trail - "Orwellian future"

  • From: bob ford <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Our digital trail - "Orwellian future"
  • Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2008 18:48:20 -0800 (PST)

My big issue with the tracking is that if you make enough noise about other
issues , like GMO food, raw milk sales, etc., the people who trade
information on you can use that information to make your life miserable.
Those men could be corporate or gov't.

It is much easier to commit crimes, especially federal crimes, than most
people realize. There are many new oddball crimes that just the threat of
prosecutiuon can cause people to shut up. It is all about power and control.
I don't really care if walmart has my picture, either (I think I've been in
a wal-mart once in the past 25 years; but any large store will do); I do care
if they can buy or trade personal information about me.

And, I do care about GMO food and your ability to sell raw milk; as you said;
I have focused more on the one issue while, others, like you, have focused
more on the other issues. And when I move to "nowhere", I intend to be more
active than ever; if I can figure ways to do so anonymously.

And, what was said about everyone knowing your business in a rural area, ; If
you don't already have 'people" there; they can only 'know" the information
that you allow to be known, I would think. Most people in arural area ( like
where I was raised) have generations of relatives, in-laws, and friends ;
that know way too much about each other. anyway............