homestead - Re: [Homestead] Dispatching a Goose

  • From: Cathy <goosecreekfarm AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Dispatching a Goose
  • Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2008 17:09:00 -0500

I have done lots of geese. I can say a big Amen to James' comment on
plucking. Removing the feathers is slow work. The down comes
off relatively easily. We sold a couple of dozen every year for Christmas
dinners and used the down. Our biggest problem was not tearing the skin
when removing the down.

Cathy