homestead - Re: [Homestead] Kuntsler , new commentary, super-inflation

  • From: "Lynn Wigglesworth" <lynnw1366 AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Kuntsler , new commentary, super-inflation
  • Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2008 19:55:14 -0500

Bob; a funny coincidence; I'm watching the Lehrer News Hour and they talked about the phrase "best and brightest". It apparently came into political usage in the book of that title by David Halberstam. The commentators (Mark Shields and David Brooks) said that the phrase was used sarcastically by Halberstam, and if the Obama team had read the book, they wouldn't use that phrase to describe their team.

Lynn Wigglesworth