homestead - Re: [Homestead] Kuntsler , new commentary, super-inflation

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>, <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Kuntsler , new commentary, super-inflation
  • Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2008 14:08:01 -0800

Bob, how are they going to get there? Travel takes fuel and fuel takes m-o-n-e-y. I think you will find that NOLA is the actual model of what will happen. They're still waiting for the nanny state to take care of them!

AND, if one plans well, one chooses a place that could literally be called "you can't get here from there."

WTSHTF, those city folks over in the "big" city that is closest to us aren't going to head toward us, they're going to go the easy route, their usual m.o. They'll head on down the valley, generally figuring, wrongly I might add, that where there's money there will be food, etc. They won't even think about heading to where "only poor people live." Besides, to get to me takes two hours of rough driving and then you'd have to know where you were going to begin with. Ain't gonna happen.

Lynda, living in Nowheresville!
----- Original Message ----- From: "bob ford" <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>

People in power , first, protect themselves and their power. The people living in the cities will be of much greater concern to them thean people living in the "fringe" areas. They already are now, and will be more-so as times become worse. That is simply using reason. Ruralites have very little power 'now'. When things really unravel, they will have 'none'.

Maybe your semi-isolation will afford you a few extra, days, weeks, months, of security. But, that's all. If I really thought that moving to a steady isolated place was 'the' answer, my decision wopuld already be made. The problem is , there are no real isolated areas outside of the West, far enough away from major metropolitan areas to really be considered, by me, safe. Safer,- sure- but, not safe.

Look at what has happened now. All of these great minds -- the best and the brightest-- have destroyed our economy and our culture. Cost us trillions and trillions. They are the biggest losers in history; the biggest thieves in history; the worst human parasites in history. \\

Have they lost their wealth and/ or power?

Now; Have the people who were frugal and rational benefitted from their frugality and rationality?

The answer to both is 'No".

Nobody in power cares about you or James or Bev or my brothers or my parents. And, they only care about me, right now, in the sense that I vote in a densely populated city in a swing state. The idea that today, you or I are being 'represented' in any way that the Constitution demanded, is an illusion, soon to give up its veneer.

When the people in the city become hungry they will go to the suburbs and take what they want, and then to the exurbs, and then to the countryside. Do you think that when people are hungry, hot , and dirty that they will respect your private property rights? Do you think the government will all of a sudden begin to care?

I am the 'fringe'. Read my thoughts. I just don't believe living "x" miles from a metro area makes you much safer than when you lived in downtown Phiolly. At the right time, you would have needed to leave Philly; but that could also be the case in the exurb where you live now.
I think Don's 'bedouin' idea , until the last minute, is sounding smarter and smarter..................bobford