homestead - Re: [Homestead] wooden bowls for biscuits

  • From: Clansgian AT wmconnect.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] wooden bowls for biscuits
  • Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2008 17:08:02 EST

>> Butter is better than shortening? I assume you don't mean margarine,
> but butter?

Yes, butter. Honest butter from a cow. I defer to you chemical knowledge on
this. You know that hydrogenated fats (as food) do not occur in nature. Our
bodies don't know what to do with them and so some think they bounce off the
artery walls making scars and pits and explain our ever increasing problems
with stroke and heart attack. Same gripe with homogenized milk ... just
t'ain't
natural!

Try this experiment. Take some suet and scoop out a hole on either side with
a melon scoop. Fill one hole with butter and the other with margarine (or
else one with lard and the other with shortening). Hang it out for the
winter
birds.

You will find that they eat the butter (or lard), they eat the suet, but they
leave the margarine (or shortening) behind. They don't recognize it as food
any more than they would recognize motor oil as food.

Lard and butter are good foods. Have been for thousands of years. Margarine
and shortening are industial waste products and one eats then at one's own
risk.

James (the unhydrogenated)