homestead - Re: [Homestead] Local chicken - 1/4 pound egg

  • From: <eureka AT hctc.net>
  • To: bobford79 AT yahoo.com, homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Local chicken - 1/4 pound egg
  • Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2008 12:48:36 -0600

I recently read where they are now feeding chickens brown tinted chalk and that makes a white egg chicken lay brown eggs. This was due to the fact people believe the brown ones are more wholesome and better for you. The quality of the egg should have nothing to do with the egg's color, but how the hen is raised and what she feeds on. Because the standard factory bred hen lays white eggs, people just assume the other colors are not from factories.--Sage

On Sat, 22 Nov 2008 10:30:56 -0800 (PST)