homestead - Re: [Homestead] Local chicken - 1/4 pound egg

  • From: bob ford <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: eureka AT hctc.net, homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Local chicken - 1/4 pound egg
  • Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2008 10:30:56 -0800 (PST)

I just bought some brown eggs at the grocery, this week. I have never seen
them in the market , before. They were considerably cheaper than the regular
white eggs? I use to buy from a local man with backyard chickens. he had
brown, blue & white eggs. His eggs were smaller than market eggs, but they
free ranged in his yard and garden and were supplemented with organic chicken
food. I lost touch with him. I can't have chickens. My dog kills even slow
pigeons.