homestead - Re: [Homestead] We looked at the tractor...

  • From: "Don Bowen" <don.bowen AT earthlink.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] We looked at the tractor...
  • Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2008 15:08:14 -0800

> Front tires are 16-18" and rear tires are 3 ft or so. Is a scoop a bucket?
> Grand-daughter of a farmer, you'd think I know. But I do not. Whichever it
> is, it attaches in the rear.

As a first guess I would say it has a box blade. A box blade is a rear
mounted blade with sides like a box and can drag dirt along with little lost
to the sides. They are usually a bit wider than the tractor. A handy tool
and one I am looking for. A scoop looks like a shovel with a framework over
for the three point and are usually narrow. Some can be hooked up to the
tree point from either end. They are used to pick up dirt and carry it. A
front end loader does a better job but the rear mounted scoop is cheaper.

Don Bowen KI6DIU