homestead - Re: [Homestead] We looked at the tractor...

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] We looked at the tractor...
  • Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2008 15:06:14 -0700

On Nov 21, 2008, at 1:21 PM, Lisa K.V. Perry wrote:

The gears and hydraulics all work. The implement attachments all work but
are rusted. Current owners have kept the tractor in a shed, but only owned
it for four years.

The tires do not look to be in good shape, they are riddled with cracks, the
rubber looks like it's beginning to fall apart. The rims looked okay, some
rust but not bad. New tires would be needed soon.

I called around and learned that new tires will run nearly $580-$640
depending on which tread we use on the front tires.