homestead - Re: [Homestead] weather

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] weather
  • Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 00:01:39 -0500

I wrote that before I saw the news..the low for tonight is supposed to be 19, but it is always 3-5 degrees cooler here, so like Lisa, I may see 16...Brrr...my friend Ava called and wants me to go scouting out horse trails, rather, parking for horse trailers near horse trails. I told her earlier I would go, but now, I just can't get excited about it.
I am very often a curmudgeon like that. Luckily, I do have friends like Ava to make me get out, but tomorrow, I'm just not feeling it. Maybe it is because I am not invited on the ride; maybe because I know I am not the first person she asked to go; maybe because I don't feel like climbing in and out of her big Diesel truck. It really is hard for me. I think I will cancel in the morning. I have to go to the doc with Ron on Thursday, and well, I just want to stay home, clean my greenhouse, change the dressing on my ribcage, and maybe bake some bread...yeah, that's the ticket...

EarthNSky wrote:
It was 22 on my porch at 8:00 this morning. The low was supposed to have been like 25 I think. The high today was supposed to have been 45, but I never saw it go above about 38 here, just under 40. Therefore, it would not surprise me at all to wake up to a temperature of 18 or 19 degrees....there's not a cloud in the sky...radiational cooling and all.
Last night was the peak time for the Leonid meteor showers. I did not venture out last night, but I did see a few meteors a few nights ago, and if I can stay warm, I may venture out tonight cuz the moon doesn't rise until almost 11:30.

--
“Fear is the path to the Dark Side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.” Yoda