homestead - Re: [Homestead] weather

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] weather
  • Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 09:19:52 -0800

We didn't have a summer this year because of the fires. In fact, we had two months with no sun at all. All of us here in our house seem to have our bodies fighting/rebelling against winter. Can't decide if we're hot or cold. Irritable. O.K., so not our normal irritability <g>

Usually we have a whole list of projects for inside the house because we were all busy outside the house all spring, summer and fall. Being stuck inside a house for 2 months because of not being able to breath outside puts a real crimp in your internal clock!

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "Lynn Wigglesworth" <lynnw1366 AT hotmail.com>

I am NOT adjusting well to winter this year. Probably because it was
shirt-sleeve weather last week, and we'll be lucky to get above freezing
this week. I didn't even have the plastic on the windows yet; I had them
OPEN on Friday to let the warm air in. My poor old body doesn't do that kind
of change gracefully anymore. I not only want to sit by the woodstove, but
crawl into it. I haven't even done my chores yet this morning and seriously
don't feel like going "out there". Seventeen degres and my son still didn't
wear his coat...now he's just being 'anti-mom' stubborn. Hope he freezes ;-)