homestead - Re: [Homestead] weather

  • From: "Lisa K.V. Perry" <lisakvperry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] weather
  • Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2008 16:55:32 -0500

On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 4:47 PM, Cathy <goosecreekfarm AT gmail.com> wrote:

> I was just at the market here in Tallahassee and saw several women in full
> length wool coats. It's 51.
>
> I guess cold is relative.

Reminds me of when we lived in Charleston SC.

I just went out back to look at my greens. My temp gauge has the needle
right on 90 degrees................bobford

90?! Wow. It's 28 here, spittin' snow all day long and windy as all get-out.
Supposed to be 16 degrees tonight. Brrrr. It's not officially winter for
another month plus, it will warm up between now and then, but it's beginning
to look like those that forecasted a 'hard winter' might be right. Hope we
avoid ice. Very thankful for seasoned wood and the wood stove. Made a big
pot of potato soup for dinner.

Lisa