homestead - Re: [Homestead] weather

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] weather
  • Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 11:54:09 -0500

Lynn Wigglesworth wrote:
I am NOT adjusting well to winter this year. Probably because it was shirt-sleeve weather last week, and we'll be lucky to get above freezing this week. I didn't even have the plastic on the windows yet; I had them OPEN on Friday to let the warm air in. My poor old body doesn't do that kind of change gracefully anymore. I not only want to sit by the woodstove, but crawl into it. I haven't even done my chores yet this morning and seriously don't feel like going "out there". Seventeen degres and my son still didn't wear his coat...now he's just being 'anti-mom' stubborn. Hope he freezes ;-)

Lynn Wigglesworth
Tioga Co. PA

It was indeed 16 here this morning. I put on my hoodie and grabbed some wood, built a nice fire, and went back to sleep on the sofa. LAZY. I can't believe we got down as cold as you guys, but the difference is probably that right now I'm showing 34/35 degrees and rising. We should get above 50 today. Today, thankfully, we only have a normal wind, not the icy gale that blew through yesterday and the day prior.

“Fear is the path to the Dark Side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.” Yoda