homestead - Re: [Homestead] Heinlein, was SE PA going

  • From: Cathy <goosecreekfarm AT gmail.com>
  • To: bobford79 AT yahoo.com, homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Heinlein, was SE PA going
  • Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2008 12:58:39 -0500

On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 11:35 AM, bob ford <bobford79 AT yahoo.com> wrote:

> I see your point. What I should have written, instead, was that my little
> bit of experience was more of the cliche bible belt type. I only remeber
> one woman from our rurasl communtiy who didn't attend church, at all. And,
> the children did wonder if she was a witch, but for other reasons too funny
> to continue..

Before we lived in PA, we lived in VA in a small town in Giles County.
Without fail, upon meeting anyone in that small town, the question we got
was "where do you go to church?". They asked it before "where do you live"
and "what do you do". We were regular church goers, so we went ahead and
answered the question to be neighborly, but I did wonder what would happen
if we said we didn't go anywhere, thank you. Maybe they were just being
friendly and wanted to invite us to their fellowship if we hadn't found one
already. Didn't really feel like that was the motivation, though.

We ended up buying a place in the next town over--the topic of church
attendance did not come up there.

Cathy