homestead - Re: [Homestead] Heinlein, was SE PA going

  • From: VAN DELL JORDAN <vdjor AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Heinlein, was SE PA going
  • Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2008 08:45:18 -0800 (PST)

--- On Tue, 11/18/08, Clansgian AT wmconnect.com <Clansgian AT wmconnect.com> wrote:

> That's the thing, Bob, it wasn't. Keep in mind
> I'm older than you and I've
> been here all along. Just as there is the go to church
> three times a week and
> pray over the moon pie and RC cola types, they have their
> counterpart in equal
> numbers who never darken the doors of a church for fear the
> roof would fall
> in on them. These roles are passed back and forth.

Or maybe fill both roles at the same time. My great grandfather preached in
a little Baptist church in Barber Co Ken. There were a couple of feuding
families, I believe names were Lushers & Smiths. When they got to church on
Sunday morning Lushers set their guns on one side of the church door, Smiths
on the other. After church they took the guns and each went their own way, I
guess the unspoken rule was no shooting as long as they were within site of
the church.
Van Dell