homestead - Re: [Homestead] Increasing Fertility

  • From: "Robert Walton" <waltonrp AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Increasing Fertility
  • Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2008 07:16:14 -0500

Bev,

Thanks for those links, I'll be following them and reading. I use wood
ashes on the garden. They are a great resource. Course the garden is
small. I'll keep my eyes open. I know that organic based materials are
what I want on those fields.

I need to have a soil test done, especially since the liming in
August. From the 2006 test, I need to add roughly 130 pounds of P and
K per acre. Daunting task, even with only 10 acres to deal with.

Rob - Va