homestead - Re: [Homestead] More on NAIS and the Amish

  • From: bob ford <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: Lynda <lurine AT softcom.net>, homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] More on NAIS and the Amish
  • Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2008 04:15:15 -0800 (PST)

I followed the links. This is scary stuff. You give up your fourth
ammendment rights when you are enrolled in NAIS, whether of not , "you"
actually enrolled, or, your vet enrolled you without your knowledge. They
'must' or risk losing the medical licenses. The fines and possible prison
sentences for non-compliance are barbaric -- especially for a present
"voluntary" program.

Once you are in the program, NAIS is justifcation for warrantless searches
and seizures. This is not right- wing or left-wing conspiracy theory
non-sense. This is a matter of concern for everyone. I have copied one of
the more intereting articles from the links below. The article has a short
preface from a concerned writer. The article was from last week. The other
links that you had in your post are also informative .....bobford

Headlined on 11/8/08:
Don't sign up for animal ID system

by Bert N. Smith (Posted by Linn Cohen-Cole)

www.opednews.com

I'll let the article speak for itself but I have a question.

Is the left just totally blind to the corporate plans being hatched to
destroy family farmers, or, in urban lingo, "sustainable agriculture"?

Or are we just insensitive to their being massively discriminated against and
all their rights being tromped under, because they're conservatives?

An article here this last week mentioned all the regulatory moves being
slipped past everyone right now by Bush before he (hopefully) exists.
Deregulation of mountain removal and every kind of deregulatory gift to
industries of every kind. So what do you make the regulatory move being made
against farmers (making NAIS mandatory despite MASSIVE farmer resistance to
it) not even being included in that article?

And what do you make of the USDA pushing "increased regulation" here, since
all other slippery moves being made are "anti"-regulatory? When does the
left wake up to finally seeing that regulations being pushed for "food safey"
are being pushed by corporations, have NOTHING to do with safety and
everything to do with eliminating the competition - real farmers?

And what does the left make of the fact that it is naive so f...... naive
and miserably ignorant about agriculture while severe human rights abuses are
happening right under their noses?

Why is the left so blankety-blank trusting of food safety laws and have not
made a peep about the planned (and Big Pharm/Big Pharma push) for a huge
"centralized" Food Safety Department, combining the totally corrupted FDA and
USDA which together have been actively wiping our farmers and real food and
all alternative health options and natural substances? We are talking
survival issues - food and heatlh and access to nature and the left is dumb -
silent AND stupid.

Excuse me, for being angry but I am a leftist who can't get the left to wake
up to what is happening.

Read the following article and understand Mr. Smith's horrific situation and
his cry out for constitutional protection. And ask yourself, where are you?

ELKO DAILY FREE PRESS

Don't sign up for animal ID system

Friday, November 7, 2008 9:37 AM PST

People who sign up for the NAIS (National Animal Identification System) -
even those who are signed up without their knowledge - may find that they
have signed a “no-knock lease” with the USDA. Who, in their right mind, would
sign a paper that allows an outsider to enter their private property
unannounced to look for infractions of rules that the owner doesn't even know
exist? This very well may be the situation for every NAIS participant.

NAIS is enforced by Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service. The agency in
charge of enforcement is the Investigative and Enforcement Service. They come
armed with an arsenal of powerful regulatory ammunition. Penalties for
non-compliance range from $50,000 to $500,000 in fines, and up to 10 years in
prison. IEA caseload has increased by 51 percent and the dollar value of
fines has increased three-fold - in one year. USDA is serious about enforcing
its regulations.

The Constitution requires law enforcement agencies to present “probable
cause” evidence to a judge who, if convinced, can issue a warrant that
authorizes law enforcement officers to enter private property to search and
seize evidence of a crime. By signing up for the NAIS, this constitutional
protection may be waived, and any hope of due-process forfeited.

NAIS is still said to be voluntary. But when someone signs up, they become
subject to all the rules that are already in place, as well as all the rules
that will be adopted in the future. Few people have any idea of what the
rules are, and no one knows what rules are yet to be adopted.

People who have signed up for the program should get out.

Instructions for withdrawing from NAIS can be found at www.libertyark.net.
People who are being coerced to sign up should resist, and send evidence of
coercion to their elected representatives. USDA, once a friend of the rancher
and farmer, has become an enemy, no longer welcome among the people who earn
their living from the soil.

Bert N. Smith

OX Ranch

Ruby Valley, Nevada