homestead - Re: [Homestead] Increasing Fertility

  • From: bob ford <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: vdjor AT yahoo.com, homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Increasing Fertility
  • Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2008 12:37:15 -0800 (PST)

My uncle, and other people where I grew up, would 'burn' their fields/gardens
every year or two. Would that accomplish the same result? Is it even
allowed anymore?

My father never did for fear of out-of-control fire. He had bad experience
with fire, early in life. He had fireguards graded around his property all of
my youth, still does, I imagine. I learned my fear/respect for fire early.
Still, lots of people use to 'burn' their fields.....................bobford