homestead - Re: [Homestead] For those really serious about being prepared . . .

  • From: "Lisa K.V. Perry" <lisakvperry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] For those really serious about being prepared . . .
  • Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2008 18:51:04 -0500

I've been gone most the day. Thursday is the day that our live-in individual
goes to work and I help out in my husband's music store in town.

First, Gene, my husband has a washboard, but it's not used for washing. ;0
Don't think he'll let me use it unless we get desperate.

Second, I see how the washboard and bucket and/or wringer would be helpful,
but why couldn't we put the jeans and work shirt in the bathtub with a bit
of heated water and slosh them around? I'm even thinking like stomping
grapes, only stomping on the clothes if they are extra dirty. Safety issue
or too much water for the bottom of the tub or ?

Lisa