homestead - Re: [Homestead] For those really serious about being prepared . . .

  • From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] For those really serious about being prepared . . .
  • Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2008 18:25:33 -0600

On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 5:51 PM, Lisa K.V. Perry <lisakvperry AT gmail.com>
wrote:

> Second, I see how the washboard and bucket and/or wringer would be helpful,
> but why couldn't we put the jeans and work shirt in the bathtub with a bit
> of heated water and slosh them around?

When I wash stuff by hand, I treat stains about like I would if I was
putting them in the washer, then put them all in a pan or bucket,
swish everything around pretty well, let soak about a quarter hour,
swish again, rinse and squish well a few times, and then extract the
water (either by wringing or spinning in the washer. It works well
enough.

Marie