homestead - Re: [Homestead] For those really serious about being prepared . . .

  • From: "Fred Enga, Astechman" <fenga AT astechman.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] For those really serious about being prepared . . .
  • Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2008 19:13:27 -0800

When I used to play soldiers, for pay, in the more remote and inhospitable
parts of the world, laundry was always a problem.

The most efficient way was to attach a 55 gallon drum onto the front of the
duty landrover and place the dirty laundry and a box of Tide in it, fill
with water, place the lid firmly on and then drive cross country for 30 mins
(that was the normal duty for that vehicle). At the other end, the dirty
water was tipped out and replaced with new water, and then the return trip
was the rinse cycle.

Worked a charm and even managed to celan up the heavy oil stains that
armoured crews always pick up on duty. In fact it was better than my
current washing machine!

Cheers

Fred Enga