homestead - [Homestead] electric shock for bites

  • From: Bunjov AT aol.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] electric shock for bites
  • Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2008 19:03:11 EST

I was bitten, almost two years ago, either by a brown recluse or a wolf
spider - between the index and middle fingers of my left hand. I am assuming
(there's that word again!). Swelled to softball size. I spent a week or two
with
my left arm hanging out in space, wondering if it would fall off.

Only viable MD in town told me I had a staph infection (excuse me?) but I
still have two little holes, maybe 1/8" apart, between my fingers, and the
area
is tender to the touch, especially if I've had my hands in water for any
length of time.

I had just moved into a new mobile, and was sleeping on the floor each
night. All my cats seem to be good mousers, but not very good spider-ers.

Sandy
Mid-Mojave

In a message dated 11/13/2008 6:29:48 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
genegerue AT ruralize.com writes:

On Nov 12, 2008, at 9:17 PM, EarthNSky wrote:

> I've got some kind of spider bite on my ribcage. It is the second
> such
> bite in two months, and while it is not a brown recluse bite,
> thankfully, I'm getting pretty sick of this. Two days ago, it was the
> size of a pencil erase. Yesterday, the size of a quarter, and today,
> the hard, red, swollen area is the size of a fried egg.

Don't know if this is useful to you or not but I am finally ridding
myself of the aftermark from the spider bite on top of my head by
using hydrogen peroxide on it.