homestead - Re: [Homestead] mystery herb

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] mystery herb
  • Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 14:47:30 -0500

Keith, check this out..
http://aidanbrooksspices.blogspot.com/2007/10/borage.html
I think it is definitely borage from the picture of the leaves..

EarthNSky wrote:
I grow borage as a companion for tomatoes.
It's about 3-5 ft tall, purple flowers, fuzzy,you can candy the flowers-very good, pretty little things. Ah, the page finally loaded. Keith, borage usually grows in the summer with tomatoes and peppers. It could be borage, but why would it still be so small this late in the year? It is not lambs ears, so my other fuzzy leaved ideas are mullein and borage.. Mullein leaves are usually whiter-more gray-green than that, but on the other hand, I don't recall a small borage plant having leaves that large, nevertheless, I'm going with borage.

--
“Fear is the path to the Dark Side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.” Yoda