homestead - [Homestead] BDI showing big commodity deflation, I think

  • From: bob ford <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] BDI showing big commodity deflation, I think
  • Date: Sun, 9 Nov 2008 13:42:46 -0800 (PST)

the Baltic Exchange Dry Index (BDI),shows supply and demand for shipping
loads of (primarily)commodities. I just linked to the chart which shows the
demand falling off the chart.

If true, there should be ships anchored in seaports, not delivering goods.
Supply should be larger , already, than demand; and commodities that we
import should, for a while, became very cheap. We could be seeing 90 cent
gasoline again, soon.

It is the first chart on the page

http://investmenttools.com/futures/bdi_baltic_dry_index.htm