homestead - Re: [Homestead] BDI showing big commodity deflation, I think

  • From: bob ford <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: Don Bowen <don.bowen AT earthlink.net>, homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] BDI showing big commodity deflation, I think
  • Date: Sun, 9 Nov 2008 15:06:49 -0800 (PST)

Backwardation:

Backwardation is a futures market term: the situation in which, and the
amount by which, the price of a commodity for future delivery is lower than
the spot price, or a far future delivery price lower than a nearer future
delivery.

Don, I think this (the concept above) is what we are looking at with
shipping/commodities. In your other post, you wrote that the country could
be headed for cliff's edhe faster than we anticipated. I am worried that you
might be correct...........bobford