homestead - Re: [Homestead] Half of U.S. "on the dole"

  • From: "Don Bowen" <don.bowen AT earthlink.net>
  • To: <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>, <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Half of U.S. "on the dole"
  • Date: Sun, 9 Nov 2008 15:05:25 -0500

> The SS thing completely evades me .. There is no money, 'None', in SS.
> 'None'.

As explained in another posting, there is a lot of money in SSI bonds.
Those bonds are what will allow SSI to be paid out along with things like
moving up the retirement age. To not pay off those bonds is to default. Is
that what you expect the country to do? If that happens we have more
problems than seniors starving because the SSI checks stopped. It could
well happen but not because of SSI but because of mismanagement by
Republican movement conservatives such as Grover Norquist.

Don Bowen KI6DIU