homestead - Re: [Homestead] Half of U.S. "on the dole"

  • From: bob ford <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>, homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Half of U.S. "on the dole"
  • Date: Sun, 9 Nov 2008 09:39:57 -0800 (PST)

Gene, like you I've read info and commentary from both sides of the SS
debate. I just don't see how two and a half people wotking at McDonalds,
Target, the local school, and even the doctors at your hospital, are going to
be able to each pay enough to SS to make it continue.

There will have to be another substantial tax. That is not 'tweaking'.
That is 'social engineering". That is turning and insurance/retirement
program which is what SS now is, into the countries largest 'welfare'
program. No 'tweking' can make a 'pyramid scheme' ultimately pay off for
everone. The math can never work......bobford