homestead - Re: [Homestead] Half of U.S. "on the dole"

  • From: bob ford <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: Don Bowen <don.bowen AT earthlink.net>, homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Half of U.S. "on the dole"
  • Date: Sun, 9 Nov 2008 12:18:14 -0800 (PST)

Well, except for where you are putting the blame, you said exactly what I was
thinking and worrying about. They already have moved up the age. People in
my, age group have to be 67, not 65; but , I think they will have to push it
up further still.

My worry is that just as with everythiong else, there is only debt (bonds).
How are we going to pay for those bonds upon redemption. And, with what?
I'm really trying to understand. As far as I know, Congress has been
spending the SS money every year since its existence, as fast as it came in.
Now we are reaching the turning side of the pyramid and the math doesn't
work.....bobford