homestead - Re: [Homestead] Half of U.S. "on the dole"

  • From: bob ford <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>, homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Half of U.S. "on the dole"
  • Date: Sun, 9 Nov 2008 09:27:15 -0800 (PST)

The SS thing completely evades me .. There is no money, 'None', in SS.
'None'. I read that by 2016 there will obnly be 2.5 people working and
paying into SS for every person drawing from SS. I just don't see how it is
sustainable. If it is not sustaines; it won'y just be people now collecting,
or people looking to collect soon, who will suffer. SS going bust would
cause a societal meltdown........bobford