homestead - Re: [Homestead] The longest post yet-Anger

  • From: bob ford <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: paxamicus AT earthlink.net, homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] The longest post yet-Anger
  • Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2008 10:13:06 -0800 (PST)

I think your question was primarily rhetorical, but, when I moved my cursor
over the page, at "definition of fascism" a "yahoo shortcut" lit up, so I
read and now am pasting the definition.

"Fascism is an authoritarian political ideology (generally tied to a mass
movement) that considers individual and social interests subordinate to the
interests of the state or party. Fascists seek to forge a type of national
unity, usually based on (but not limited to) ethnic, cultural, racial,
religious attributes. The key attribute is intolerance of others: other
religions, languages, political views, economic systems, cultural practices,
etc."

I swear I see the weeping, adoring crowds at BO's rallies more indicitave of
a "mass movement" than anything I ever saw under GWB. Bush was barely
elected , either time (yes , I know almost half the country voted against
Obama, also).

Bush was very 'tolerant' to everyone except maybe certain areas in the world
of Islam. He had more high ranking blacks and women in his cabinet than any
president in history. He is fluent in spanish and well versed in Hispanic
customs (and their votes for him helped to elect him, twice).
.
He picked a vp with an openly homosexual daughter. I didn't see him 'try to
forge untity' on any of the characteristics in the definition, like religion.
The neo-cons are lead by AIPAC-involved Jews. His own religion is
Protestant Christianity (same as BO).

I'm not defending what has happened in his presidency. He spent the treasury
like a big spending democrat, and allowed the same investment bankers and
hedge fund managers that BO is now hiring, to help run the economy in a
terrible direction. And he handled the blasted war in a horrible fashion.

But, he did not send armed civilian troops and tanks into the middle of
nowhere - twice- to kill american citizens, because of their beliefs, Like
the SOB Clinton. And, I don't consider Clinton a Facist. Maybe a criminal,
but not a facist.

I think with these types of labels , some of us view them more strongly than
others. Neither Bush nor Clinton could be compared, by a reasonable person,
to Mussolini, Stalin, or Hitler, all three who I could define as Facist. To
do so would be to undermine the scope of horror.

I'm as glad as you to see Bush gone. I dis-agree that there is a good chance
that we have replaced him with somweonw who will do better. But, time will
tell.

Don't to forget to tell about the horse stuff sometime when you have a bit
of spare time........bobford