homestead - Re: [Homestead] Hippies

  • From: "Lisa K.V. Perry" <lisakvperry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Hippies
  • Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2008 12:47:59 -0500

On Fri, Nov 7, 2008 at 11:20 AM, <rayzentz AT aim.com> wrote:

> Hated bellbottoms (they kept getting caught in my bike chain).

That they did, if you didn't use a piece of cord or large rubber band over
your pants. Hadn't thought about that in a while. YOu had to fold over the
flare and use a strong rubber band. My bike chain was on my bicycle.

I guess that I, too, am a Helper in Promoting Peaceful Individual Existence,
the newer version. Certainly took a round-about path to getting where I am
today. Lots of former and never-stopped hippies in my territory. Lots of
folk who almost always wear tie-dye. We once attended a 'Green Party' at the
neighbors (two farms over), where an acquaintance told us the brownies were
loaded and quickly picked up the plate just as youngest son reached for one.
Whew. We didn't pick up on the 'Green Party' sign until that moment, talk
about naive. That was 4 or 5 years ago.

Believe that "Tolerate" does NOT equate to "Accept".?

I believe in Diversity and embrace it with wide open arms, when I'm not
hugging trees.

lkvp