homestead - [Homestead] Hippies

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] Hippies
  • Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2008 07:40:58 -0700

On Nov 7, 2008, at 7:28 AM, Lynn Wigglesworth wrote:

An agnostic Hippy Mennonite.Wow :-) I like Mennonites; they are generally
nice people and good neighbors. A little heavy on the religious stuff for my
taste, though. I think I'll just be a Hippy (calling someone a Hippy is a
worse insult than calling them a Liberal in this conservative area).

I think I'm a reverse hippy. Most hippies start out young and idealistic, then evolve to system participants. I started very naive but pretty traditional, trying to fit the system. Now I stay as far away from the system as possible and am becoming more idealistic as I age. Also less tolerant of fools of all manner.

Homestead hippy. I can live with that.

And you all know my drug of choice.