homestead - Re: [Homestead] Wild water

  • From: bob ford <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: eureka AT hctc.net, homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Wild water
  • Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2008 20:19:49 -0800 (PST)

I have a lot of early university press non-fiction. Much of it fairly hard to
find simply because of low publication numbers. Every western/sw university.
You would be surprised at the quality of stuff the University of Oklahoma was
putting out 50 - 60 years ago.

Well, you might not, with your library background. Can't think of a
favorite SW writer, off-hand; my favorite SW books are all photography
Curtiss, Goldwater, Fuller. Not being a anative southwesterner, with me it
is all about visuals.

My wife has read everything hillerman has written. I have read nothing of
his. I did meet him once at a large book fair in Phoenix, just shook hands
and "hello".

Pure western fiction the guy who write Lonesome Dove is very good (does he
still own that bookstore in austin?) McMurty, just rememebered . I am not a
Barbara Kingsolver fan. She is very popular here, but I find her unbearably
preachy at times .....bobford