homestead - Re: [Homestead] Gene, Sell me on Obama, please

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Gene, Sell me on Obama, please
  • Date: Mon, 03 Nov 2008 17:01:56 -0500

That's a keeper post.

Gene GeRue wrote:

I like Obama's history. He has done outstandingly well given his beginnings. I like his focus and persistence. I like his family values, his commitment as a husband and a father. I like his long and strong attempt to raise the level of presidential campaign dialogue. He stayed on message, stated his observations and his plans. He retained his dignity. He responded to low-level crap when it was necessary but he showed himself to be in control. That is what our country needs, someone we can respect and look to for real leadership, and someone the rest of the world will respond to in a positive way, which will accrue great benefit to our country.

Experience and capability? He has run the best presidential campaign I have seen, a superior, sustained effort over two years, almost nonstop effort. Yes, absolutely, he has done those things necessary to win. I have covered this subject before.

He attracts and chooses good advisors. I find him to be pragmatic and open to sound advice before making decisions. I find his decision- making ability superior to his opponent. Yes, his plans and good intentions will often be thwarted by economic and political realities.

Finally, and as always in important decisions, I trust my gut feelings. My gut told me Bush was bad news. My gut as well as my brain told me that Iraq was a horrible mistake. My gut today tells me that Obama will help us to regain our high level of pride in being Americans.

My gut tells me Barack Obama has the potential to be a great president.