homestead - Re: [Homestead] Electricity prices going up (fake?)

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Electricity prices going up (fake?)
  • Date: Mon, 03 Nov 2008 14:06:32 -0500

Clansgian AT wmconnect.com wrote:
B.O. is not Mugabe, that would be going too far.

Bob, you and Gene are too literal (there, Gene, I'm putting you in the same boat with Bob, shipmate).

The definition of "a Mugabe" would be someone who comes to power on the promise of seizing the wealth of one's opponents and giving it to
one's supporters only to find that it was only one's opponents who were capable of generating that wealth in the first place and one's supporters become all the more impoverished as a result.

Even I don't think we are going to be as bad as Zimbabwe, but James does
have a point. Go back and listen to the interview Obama did in 2003
with a Chicago? station..the interview where he is talking about
spreading the wealth and the civil rights movement and how no real
progress was made in the Supreme Court system, how the civil rights
movement failed in spreading the wealth.
I believe you can listen to it here, and there is a partial transcript,
if you trust the blog, on that page:
http://wizbangblog.com/content/2008/10/27/obama-wealth-redistribution-an-unattained-civil-right.php
If you listen carefully to what Obama is saying, you can easily envision
a nightmare world for white people like what has happened in Zimbabwe.
Furthermore, if you want further circumstantial evidence that Obama
would be in favor of such, consider that his church arose from black
liberation philosophy, and that, too, supports a Zimbabwean future..
You can say that I am racist for mentioning this, or that James is
racist for bringing it up, but just remember that these ideas are
Obama's ideas, not ours, so don't shoot the messengers.

On a separate note, I, too, think some people are too literal on the
list. It really ruins a conversation and detracts from the message.
It makes people not want to post, because they are afraid their post
will be torn apart by people who only see their own facts, and not the
facts of others.

Bev

hate. Hate leads to suffering.” Yoda