homestead - Re: [Homestead] Kerosene

  • From: Clansgian AT wmconnect.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Kerosene
  • Date: Sun, 2 Nov 2008 07:12:51 EST

> >That splitting maul stuff is for people much younger than me. I will aim
> for
> a tractor mounted hydraulic splitter.

Much younger? This is always such a curiosity to me. I am, of course,
younger than you, but only by about six years. Is that 'much' younger?

A curiostiy, I say, because when I joined this list, I don't know something
like thirteen or fourteen years ago, such work was for 'young' men like me,
not
for those five or ten years older. And in fact I heard that when I was in my
thirties and twenties as well. I have watched the time when one should step
aside and leave the work to younger men recede all along to always be just a
few years older than I am.