homestead - Re: [Homestead] voter fraud

  • From: bob ford <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] voter fraud
  • Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2008 16:26:57 -0700 (PDT)

The motor-voter activities in a lot of places (I heard even here) are more
aggressive than what you describe. What you describe sounds fine. If no one
is pushing, and they are just offering, since you are there anyway, that is a
very good way to do it, as long as the different state agencies can keep
their paperwork right.

I don't like the idea of showing ID to vote, but since we have to show it for
practically everything , anyway, why shouldn't it be used for something as
important as the vote.

I've heard lots of anecdotal comments about illegal immigrants voting here
(and in California). There is not really a way to prove, one way or the
other. I don't know how big a pproblem it is, and I don't think anyone else
does.

Everyone who has the right to vote, should be able to vote with as little
inconvenience as possible .....bobford