homestead - Re: [Homestead] voter fraud

  • From: bob ford <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] voter fraud
  • Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2008 15:58:30 -0700 (PDT)

You are right again, Lynn, about identifying eligible voters. And, about
absentee ballots. If I were to move , I would have to update my registration
to receive the next ballot in the mail. And, every 2 years, like this year,
we have to sign and mail back in something to the sec. of state, I guess to
verify that I still live here.

I don't, personally, see that it is a big deal for someone to have to go into
a gov't office , once, to register to vote. People do it for driver's
license, fishing and hunting licenses, and they do it to receive monetary and
other social benefits. I think same - day registration can too easily lead
to fraud. I don't like the pushy motor-voter stuff, either.
.........bobford